Sunday 27 October 2013

L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint - 110 Warm Ivory




L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint - 110 Warm Ivory - RRP £9.99 (Currently £7 everywhere) Boots

I didn't intend to purchase this a few weeks ago but when I was in Boots the pretty little POS caught my eye and it ended up in my basket - I'm a marketer's dream. Nude Magique Eau De Teint (what a mouthful) claims to be lighter than water, completely non greasy with a zero make up feel. I thought this would be perfect for my holiday as in the Turkish heat I definitely didn't want anything too heavy for my skin. It comes in a glass bottle which is described as 'perfume like' to apply it says you need to tip it onto your finger then blend. I will admit this took me a lot of getting used it and even after 3 or 4 applications I didn't like the method. It's so runny you can't put it onto the back of your hand to apply so I decanted some into a little round pot and then lightly dropped in my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply.

This worked a lot better for me - again took some getting used to as it's so runny a tiny bit will blend all over your face. I found it gave a really light coverage that evened out my skin tone a little but didn't give me the coverage I look for when it comes to blemishes and problem area's. The best part of this for me is that warm ivory is my perfect shade as its so light it blended into my natural skin tone effortlessly. 

Overall I liked this on holiday as I wanted a light foundation to just act as a base and the SPF 18 was perfect for the Turkish sun. However I really couldn't get on with the feel of it - it's just too runny, I don't think I ever wanted a foundation to be as wet as this so it hasn't really ticked any boxes as to it being the revolutionary foundation I needed in my life. I really think they should have bought this out much earlier in the year as it's definitely a summer base - I need something much more substantial to take me through the winter months. 




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig