Saturday 16 November 2013

Christmas Obsessions: Scents

As this is my first Christmas in my own little house I've gone pretty Christmas crazy. I've been told I'm not allowed to put my decorations up until the 29th November which does seem fair ... I guess. However I have started sneaking in bits of Christmas all over the house that I've so far gotten away with. This mainly started with filling my house with gorgeous Christmassy smells. I've been sniffing all the offerings in nearly every supermarket for weeks and these are my top 3.
 

Air Wick Mulled Wine and Cinnamon Apple - £4 (Tesco) Currently half price in Sainsbury's

This scent is pretty much Christmas on its own - it has a really strong cinnamon and apple tone to it that just screams Christmas time. I love the air wick range as you can go all out and get matching plug ins, sprays and just standard freshner blocks. It is quite sweet and the candles fills the home with a lovely scent so it's always a must for me - the price point of the range is amazing too and it's so easy to just add a little bit of it in your weekly shop.



The Marks and Spencer mandarin, clove and cinnamon range comes out every year and it is hands down my favorite Christmas scent. It's more woody than the air wick scent and much more subtle to fill your entire house with. I also love that you can literally buy everything you ever want to smell like Christmas in it too - MnS have scented an entire range! Refresher Oil (£2.50) Room Spray (£5) Hand Lotion (£5) and so much more. My little tin candle cost just £3.50 and has a 15 hour burn time. The entire range is on 3 for 2 at the moment too which makes it all even more reasonably priced.


I picked this scent up for the first time about a week ago. Sainsbury's have 1/3 off all of their Christmas candles and scented products at the moment and I spent ages trying to find one I loved. The Frankincense and Myrrh scent was my second favourite but all the candles were silver so didn't fit with my theme. I picked up Christmas Tree and even though I really don't need another oil I just had to buy it because it smells just like a Christmas tree. I know that sounds silly as it's called Christmas tree but I thought it would be odd and fake smelling but it smells just like they put an actual tree in a bottle. I'd gone a bit candle heavy in MnS a few minutes before so I just picked up the oil which I've been adding to the non-scented tealights I have. It doesn't seem to be available online but the whole Christmas tree scent collection is so pretty - lovely dark green candles and cream candles full of twigs. If you love that just cut tree smell I can't recommend this enough! It's a nice subtle addition that works well with the cinnamon scents I have most of so I can use it whilst also burning the above.






SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig