Sunday 26 January 2014

Beauty buys before I'm 25 - Quarter century wishlist.



My new years resolution was to stop spending so much money on beauty bits I don't really want and to actually invest each month in the more high end bits I've had my eye on for ages. I turn 25 in July which I know isn't old or anything but a quarter of a century feels a little like a milestone that I want to be prepared for. I want some gorgeous items in my collection whilst also starting to save and pay off the little debts I have. I've chosen 6 of the top products on my list as I can easily buy one of these each month before my 25th birthday.  Since investing in some lipstick storage I've really wanted something beautiful to make my collection a little more inspiring. I don't think there is any make-up packaging prettier than the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick which has left this on my wishlist for quite sometime and this year I promise to actually buy it. 

My quest for the perfect skin continues and I've had Alpha H Liquid Gold on my wishlist since it broke onto the market ages ago and I still haven't bought it. I think this will definitely have to be February's buy as I've wanted it for ages and I'm not sure why I don't own it yet! Following on from this dream skin care product I am lusting after two powders Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder & Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder I've read so many amazing reviews of both of these products and the pictures of people's makeup whilst wearing them is just flawless so I can't wait to get them. I also really want to put together a small Jouer palette as their blush, bronzers & highlighters all look so flawless too.

Nars Blush - I'm not sure how I haven't actually bought one of these. I've spent endless hours swatching in stores but somehow never walked away with one. They are also my go to birthday presents for friends as the luxe packaging and amazing pigmentation means friends are always happy but I've never treated myself - this year I will! Finally I'm going to pick up a Becca Beach Tint - I received the shade watermelon so long ago in a Glossybox and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect handbag and summer product which can be used on lips and cheeks. I want a brighter shade to play with this summer I think this will be one of the buys nearer July and I can't wait to get it!

I guess this post is a little reminder of the bits I really want and hopefully I can do something in July to make sure I've ticked them off. I'm also saving for a special handbag I've wanted forever - this year is the year of making purchases that mean something and not to buy into all the hype and end up with drawers busting open with products I never use. *fingers crossed* I stick to it!



 

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig