Wednesday 21 January 2015

I finally own Estee Lauder Double Wear


I have no idea why it has taken me so long to buy this foundation. I picked it up in shade 2N1 Desert Beige which works very well for my skin tone. I've read so much about it and as a woman who seems to be on a mission to end the day with the face she started it with it seemed like a natural connection. On first application I adored it - especially when I came home and my blemished skin was still covered with not a single cover up. I was so impressed I declared my love here on instagram.  



I then bought myself a little pump on eBay - it was only £4 (I can't find my link so I won't post one but they're easily available. 

I think I then fell in love a little more as a foundation without a pump isn't my friend. I still love this foundation - I can't wear it everyday as it's damn hard work. I want to wake up and stay in bed for the longest time possible contemplating getting cold and dressed - this means getting ready has to take as little time as possible. This foundation is amazing and for amazing you have to work a little harder. My Laura Mercier Silk Creme blends effortlessly and seamlessly into the skin I find this takes a little more effort. I've tried my fingers, the real techniques buffing brush, the real techniques foundation brush and the everyday base brush. The real techniques buffing brush gives me the best finish but it still takes a good buff and blend to get a flawless base. 

I think that's fair though as come the end of the day that full coverage flawless base is still there. It's never going to be my everyday base but if I'm having a bad skin day, a night out or I want to spend a little time putting on my face at the weekend this is the one. It comes in at £29.50 which I think is more than reasonable for a high end high performing foundation. I know a lot of girls say mascara is there number one. For me it's a good foundation - I've learnt it's the one thing to spend a little money on if you find one you love.

Georgina x.

Warning - I'd recommend serious or double cleansing when taking this bad boy off a drunken night leaving a trace of this on clogged all my pores and left me with a sad face.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig