Saturday 7 September 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Medium Ivory










Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation - Medium Ivory £33 John Lewis House of Fraser

I'm definitely a drugstore makeup kind of girl but over the last few months I've been umming and aaaahing over spending a bit of money on a decent foundation. If I was going to buy anything high end foundation was going to be it - I think it makes such a difference to the rest of your makeup to have a decent base. It took me ages to decide which to buy I've been swatching in stores for literally months. I nearly went double wear but decided it was just a bit much for my skin, I nearly bought all of the foundations however when it came down to it I chose the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation because of all the blogs I read I think Kate from Gh0stparties and Tanya Burr have the most amazing finish to their makeup and both raved about this foundation. 

So onto the foundation when I first got this I applied it with my fingers as that's always what has worked best for me and past foundations. I wasn't really amazed I loved the colour - it matches my skin perfectly but it didn't wow me. Then I tried it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and that changed everything. I never thought the application would have made such a difference but it really took me and this foundation into a full blown love affair. It is expensive nearly £1 for every milliliter but you hardly need any at all as its so pigmented and it covers so well. It covers up all my horrible red pigmentation and the blemishes I currently have around my mouth. It lasts pretty much all day and when it does wear it wears really evenly. It's super soft to touch and is the leaves such a lovely healthy finish. I'm wearing it above with a little bit of concealer but no powder at all. 
  
I'm so happy I decided to just go for it and spend a little more on a decent foundation it's making having a simpler makeup look so much more effortless. I'm trying to mix up the products I use at the moment but I haven't used any other foundations since I bought this which says something as I'm usually so fickle with foundations. 



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig