Tuesday 14 August 2012

Benefit - They're Real






I'm quite late on the they're real band wagon but I am on it. I got this little beauty for my birthday and have been trying it out since. I have to admit when I first started wearing it I really wasn't impressed I found it didn't really lengthen my lashes anywhere near my trusted L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara. I also just couldn't get it off - good for a tear filled day I guess but even my eye make-up remover had to be held on my lashes for a good 30 seconds to break it up and get it off.

However after wearing it and using it for about three weeks now I am liking it. I think it might have dried out a little and built up to give a better thickness to my lashes. It gives very good coverage, has the perfect brush that gets into all the corners and also coats lower lashes without looking clumpy and horrible. At £18.50 here it's pricier than I would normally spend on a mascara but lots of Benefit products fit into this category and it hasn't stopped me buying into the brand so far. Would I buy it again? I don't think I would - in all honest I do prefer L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara which retails for £10.99 here. I do like this product don't get me wrong but I am not convinced it's the number one mascara in the world. I think it's hype and clever branding have maybe preceded it.

When I was younger I had a teacher who said you are either a girl who changes mascara constantly and never sticks with one brand or your the girl who changes her foundation with every bottle despite finding good coverage. I'm not sure she's entirely right but I have always thought I am the foundation girl I will use the same mascara brand for years and even though I dabble with others I will always go back. I spent my teenage years using Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara and for only £4.99 it's still my go to 'i'm a little poor' mascara.

I'd love to hear other people's They're Real experiences so please do share your links :)
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. I am more of a change of foundation kind of girl too. I've never stuck to one foundation for longer than a bottle.

    I have often wondered about this mascara, but was skepticle due to the price. Think I'll probably just stick to my Revlon mascara. Thanks for the heads up :) xx

    http://amandainneverland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent tried it! although the hype was a little too good to be true..
    i've been tempted a few times but the price tag has always given me a reality check!

    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig