L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream (£9.99 Boots)
I've been using a couple of different BB creams for a while and all of a sudden they both ran out so I thought I'd pick a new one up whilst doing my weekly shop. There wasn't much on offer so I decided to give this a go as it tested pretty well in store. The L'Oreal Nude Magique BB cream is very different to any BB cream I've tried. It applies white and as you blend it in it turns into a light BB cream. It's hard to explain I've tried to show it in action above but whatever the technology involved it does do a good job of blending into my natural skin tone. The downside of this is it feels quite grainy and it's kind of odd to apply as it feels a little like your having a mini exfoliation. However after a few applications I've gotten over it and I have to say I love it. It claims to do the following 5 things:
1. Flawless Coverage (I wouldn't say it does this it does even out skin tone but it's in no way going to give a flawless finish unless you start off with amazing skin)
2. Perfectly Even Skin Texture (I think this is such an odd claim - it doesn't do this at all as evening out any blemishes or pimples is quite a mean feat for a light coverage BB cream)
3. Fresh Dewy Glow (It definitely offers this, it gives a lovely glow to the skin without it being too shiny and shimmery and actually has one of the best dewy finishes I've tried)
4. 24h Hydration (I wouldn't go as far as 24 hours but it does leave my skin feeling fresh during the working day it doesn't dry out on the skin and because of this is the perfect base for foundation)
5. Protects with SPF12 (most BB creams have some kind of SPF and this one is no different)
Right now my skin isn't ready to go out BB cream alone (I'm getting there) but this evens out my redness so well and I'm so nearly ready to wear this alone without foundation on top. Saying that though it's a brilliant base of light coverage foundations as it is so hydrating for me and really does even out the skin. It lasts well and blends into my own skin tone really well - I'm super pale right now and I often find the light shade isn't light enough for me but this one is just the right shade. I really enjoy using the product after getting over the weird texture as you apply it really does leave my skin feeling and looking fresh.