Tuesday 21 February 2012

R Kelly, Trapped in the Closet - love.



Between the years of 2005 - 2007 as I was leaving school and making my way through college R Kelly did something that has been a huge part of my life ever since and I wanted to share my real love of it with you today. I know this is completly off course from my normal blog entries but it needs to be said. 

R Kelly created 22 chapters of the music video movie/collection Trapped in the Closet. 
Buying the full DVD box set of these chapters was one of the best investments I have ever made. Some people really don't get it but listening to this story via the same melodic tune of 22 different three minute or so sections makes me so happy. 

It basically depicts a story of R Kelly cheating on his wife and ending up trapped in a closet - I won't ruin it by telling the entire story but the following chapters involve, a lady allergic to cherry pie cooking it for her midget lover, lots of shooting, people coming out of prison, a gay love affair, and the most messed up love triangles you've ever witnessed. It's a guilty pleasure and my love for it has recently reignited following a drunken evening in with youtube at our finger tips. I recommend buying the full DVD box set as it's nice to sit and watch it in its entirety but all chapters can be found on youtube.com for free. 

There are many news stories that R Kelly has written dozens more chapters for this series - and I hope that sometime soon they get released as it is probably my favourite thing ever. 

I can predict that no-one will probably understand my love for this music video collection but if you do please let me know as it's one of my favourite things ever and no-one I know appreciates me putting it on everytime I drink wine ... 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig