Saturday 14 July 2012

What's In My Handbag - July 2012

I absolutely love reading other people's 'what's in my handbag posts' so I thought I'd do one of my own. I've actually downsized my bag quite a lot in the last year or so. I used to carry around everything I owned in a massive almost overnight bag that I called my handbag.  


I now have this little satchel that I picked up from H&M for about £14.99 I can't find it on-line but I know that have a lot of similar styles and different colours in store. I adore it because it has the shoulder strap and a handle I can just pick up and walk about with. I also wear ALOT of brown so it goes with near enough all of my wardrobe. 


So this is what I carry about on a day to day basis. It includes: 
Mini Pink Make-Up Bag 
Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets 
Keys
Camera 
Diary 
iPhone 
Purse
Handbag Hair Brush 


My diary pretty much holds my life in it. I am forever making lists and jotting down things I need to do. It also has tickets to the upcoming charity event slipped inside as well as leaflets on the charity and papers I need for meetings etc. I would be so lost without it - a lot of people say I should use the calendar on my iPhone but I just can't get on with it. I have to write things down. I have also tried filofax's and all different types of clever diaries but when it comes down to it I like buying a pretty one each Christmas and it has to be day to page. This thing is massive and takes up most of the space in my bag so I do leave this at home if I just pop out for dinner or quickly to the shops. 


I don't carry all that much make-up around as I rarely top it up when I'm out and about. The things I do always keep on me are usually duplicates of things I have at home too as I find trying to find my bag to use things first thing in the morning is just too much effort. I always keep... 
Dream Touch Blush in Apricot - perfect for blush touch ups (review)
Avon Colour Trend Translucent Powder - a really good cheap matte powder 
Glossybox Mirror for touch ups 
Eye Lash Glue - as this make-up bag comes on nights out too 
MUA Black 3 in 1 contour Pen (review)
Mini Versace Perfume from the March Glossybox 
Generally I just carry around whatever lip product I'm using that day and throw it in my bag at the moment I'm loving Revlon Bitten Kissable Stain in Rendezvous and L'Oreal Caresse in Beige - reviews of both coming soon! 


I hate to admit it but my iPhone is like a third arm to me. I make a point of turning it off completely on holiday to try and break the habit of constantly reaching for it. I got this cute case from Cath Kidston it was pretty pricey at £24.99 here but I adore the cute birdy on the back and it just fits with the phone perfectly. 


Finally my purse is the thing that will always be found in my bag. It is massive - I do not understand people who can live with those little mini purses that I would call a coin purse. I love this thing I bought it about three years ago from Topshop for a hefty price of £35 of something. It was loan day and I remember my house mate's shocked at the amount it cost. I vowed that it would last me years and would be worth it - and it has and I still love it. It's got a gorgeous cream and beige vintage floral design and has so many pockets to hold my ridiculous amounts of loyalty cards, ID and coupons. 




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig