Wednesday 25 January 2012

Vivo Eyeshadow Palette


I've heard so much about the Vivo range for Tesco that whilst I was there picking up the weeks essentials I thought it would be worth trying something out myself. I am normally drawn to black eyeliners and eyeshadow palettes as I rarely wear eyeshadow on a day to day basis. However with a mass of those products already filling my make-up bag I thought I'd give the trio of cream and mocha shades a go. 

The palette came in at just £2.50 which is less than a pound a shadow which I just thought was too good to turn down. On the back it gives a little picture telling you how to put each shade on and it comes with a double ended applicator. I hate these applicators as I find the plastic in them just plain hurts your eyes when you try and apply. I can see why they put them in but I think they'd be better off leaving them out. Personally I think leaving them out would make the product seem more expensive as those horrible little applicators remind me of child's play make-up sets. 

(Large picture also includes eyeliner and mascara)

For the price I think it's a really good buy the colours are spot on and blend really well. It's nothing too striking and is perfect for day to day use. I really like the packaging and the little mirror that is included in the lid. Overall though it is a supermarket own brand product that they've cleverly repackaged to look like a brand. I don't think I'd pick up a tesco own branded make-up product but the design to the packaging on this is really well done and it does work. For £2.50 you can't really complain and I will definitely be using this (or trying to) for my day make-up. I also think the single shadows that are sold would be perfect if you were just trying to achieve a one off look in a bright colour you wouldn't normally wear. The price points are so cheap you don't even notice the buy in amongst your weekly shopping bill. 


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig