Monday 30 January 2012

Hot Pink Glossybox of Love - January


So I've been super excited to receive this months glossybox, mainly because I'm crazy impatient and the 6 week wait seemed ages. I've tried to be good and not look at other's preview blogs but was very excited to see this months was coming in a delicious hot pink. I do love the normal glossybox colour don't get me wrong but I love the special editions as their fun to put things in and make the opening of the glossybox package even more exciting. I'd actually love it if they did more limited editions in different shades of pink for the future. An entire spectrum of pink shades would be brilliant for my cupboards :)


So January glossybox was actually valentines themed which is cute and a different idea to the expected 'new year, new you' kind of box. I think despite my impatience it was a good idea to hold out until the end of January as I for one was much more excited. A cute little glossybox sweet/stick of rock was included too which I just loved. Little things like that really made the box special. 

One of my favourite things about this box was that you could use every single product during one pamper sesh. I had no big duplications and it meant I could test them all out immediately which I love. 


The first product was the Davines Cleansing Nectar. I've only briefly seen this brand on other sites a few times and didn't really know what it was at all. The packaging is simple and sparse which I normally like but being a novice and not knowing what this product was I had to google it and play it by ear. 

I found this online 
Davines have a reputation for using the finest natural ingredients wherever possible, and for extolling a philosophy which combines the pursuit of beauty with respect for nature. This is embodied in Davines Authentic Cleansing Nectar Hair/ Body, a gentle moisturising shampoo made from no less than 98% natural ingredients, combined together into an environmentally friendly formula. As kind to your hair and skin as it is to the planet, this oily nectar is infused with organic carthame oil, which gives it the protective power of antioxidants. Stimulate your body, hair and mind with this natural delight to the senses.
  • Massage into hair and body with fingertips.
  • Rinse off.

I don't really like the scent to this I know most people love it but there's something in it that would stop me buying it - from memory I think it's patchouli oil. It's not awful but it's not for me. I like the product it foamed nicely on my hair and left it soft. I find shampoo products in screw bottles like this annoying for the shower it's definitely more of a luxury bath product and would look lovely in a pretty girly bathroom. 


FAB gentle body wash - I loved the FAB cleanser that came in last months box so was excited to see this brand again. It's a standard fragrance free body wash/ cleansing. I don't have particularly sensitive skin so it's a little bit kind for my liking I prefer a nice scent to body washes but I think if you did have delicate skin it would be ideal it's a lovely creamy consistency too and once again lovely packaging. 


Davines Moisturising Balm - I love the packaging and tube to this product it jumped out at my straight away. However on reading the back it started to confuse me. It says its a face, hair and body conditioning balm. So I cleansed my face with it and it was nice took my make-up off quickly but seemed a little odd as the scent is so strong (again patchouli oil i think) I'm not used to skin products that smell that strong but it swiftly took of my make-up and left skin feeling really cleansed. However I fear the strong scents will eventually lead to a break out. 

I also used this product on the tips of my hair as instructed - I've just had my hair cut so can't really comment just yet on it's amazement at this but my tips did feel very soft after rinsing it out. Again it suggests rubbing it onto damp hair and leaving for a few minutes. I think both the packaging and usage again would work better as for a lovely bath but I'm a shower girl so will give it a go as a cleanser and hope it doesn't make me all spotty - time will tell. 


Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner - I'm unfamiliar with the eyeko brand changes so this is my first encounter with the brand. Like most people have said I was at first disappointed in the colour of this eyeliner as it's a dusty pink I couldn't imagine using. However after playing around with it I think it would be ideal for the corners of your eyes to open them out a bit more. The packaging was lovely too it will look delicious in my make-up case!


Murad Skin Perfecting Primer, Dewy Finish - I was most excited to see this product in my box as well as the 33% discount code included with the box. I've tried lots of different primers and am always on search for the perfect one. I really like dewy everything so this was delicious, I love the consistency and it was a really good tone for my skin. I think once I run out of my current primer I will definitely get this in full size I love this little sample though perfect for handbag make-up bags. 

I think this is my favourite glossy box so far, mostly because of the variety I like that I could try it all out at once and have one big glossybox beauty session. 





SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig