Thursday 1 March 2012

Clinique, Chubby Sticks.


I've wanted the Clinique Chubby Stick since I saw it advertised months ago. As I can't wear glosses on my lips I'm always on the look out for a gorgeous balm. 

I also have a weird thing about products shaped in a pencil type format. Not sure what it is about them but I just want them all in my life. Anyways I had a £10 Debenhams voucher and thought I'd splurge on this little beauty as with my voucher I'd only have to pay £6. The sales assistant did end up tempting me into buying other things but that's beside the point. I like to think that I still spent the £6 on this balm. 


I'm a huge Clinque fan I love all of their skin care and if I had the money I'd buy the entire range as everything I have ever bought from them has lived up to my expectations. The branding on this Chubby Stick is ideal it's simple a sleek making it ideal to get out of any hand bag for a touch up. I choose the shade 'super strawberry' which is a deep pink tone from the range of 8 shades shown here. The shades range from lighter pinks, nudes and even a red. I absolutely love the application of this product in its pencil format its super easy to apply. It has a twist bottom with a decent amount of product inside too. From the advertisements I actually thought this product would be a literal pencil that could be sharpened but its actually plastic. 

Again apologies once again for my awful skin it's just not clearing up!

It glides on really easily and I love the subtle pinky tone to it, also has a slight bit of shimmer in it which makes it look lovely on. It's available at boots here. 

I love having this in my handbag and you can top up without the need of a mirror so its perfect for out and about. However it is a balm and however soft and super moisturising this is, it's not £16 worth. I can justify getting it with my voucher but I don't think I could justify spending the full whack straight out of my bank for it. I think on this occasion as much as I love the product it just doesn't do enough to warrant the price tag. 

As I bought two products at the Clinique counter I did get a little bag of sample goodies that I'm loving trying out at the moment. Lots of blog posts to come! I've vowed not to look at their full size price before making up my mind to see if it changes it. If you are buying anything Clinque I do recommend you hold out for an event where you get a little bag of samples because they're all super generous mine had 8 products in and all are really useful! 

Has anyone else tried the Clinique Chubby Stick what did you think? 




SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. I've been dying to get my hands on this for a while! I think i'll have to give in and buy it soon! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was the same everytime i've seen it in a magazine iv been lusting :) x

      Delete
  2. I saw these in Sephora and thought they looked really cute! might have to pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute everyone comments when I get it out of my handbag so easy to apply :) x

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh I just LOVE the name of these!! :) also, I always get tempted by cliniques bonus time. They are so good I just have to have them!! I use the bags to keep all my moisturisers and stuff in, such good value/quality!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so good isn't it my samples are all big enough for a few months use I love the little bag too it's white with lips all over it - now stores my lip products :) x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig